Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday's in the classroom









During the holidays I attended the New Zealand Principal's conference. Keynote speaker Malachai Pancost urged us to set aside a day a week to work with the children and the teachers during the process of learning. This term I have been out and about on Wednesdays. Today I enjoyed my time in the junior school. A neat thing that I saw was buddy classes - room 4 and room 11, split in half and were doing some buddy maths together. This was because of Maths week and gave an an excellent opportunity for the older children to explain the maths and for the younger children to understand the maths. Check out Karen's and Hayley's blogs to get closer to the action on these splits. I was also involved in working with groups, creating paper planes, conferencing writing, listening to reading and developing questions with children. I had a great time and felt really useful. I'm really impressed with the teaching and learning going on in the classrooms. Very proud to be Principal of this school.

No comments: