Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm back - Rory Sutherland

Hi all. I have been enjoying my study break and with 4 weeks to go before I head back to school I thought I'd get back into the blogging cycle again. I decided to quit for a bit and focus just on reading and researching. Anyway - just to get back on the bike I thought I'd post this excellent talk from Rory Sutherland. He is an advertising man and talks about real v perceived value/change. Although it is really about advertising it is transferable across a whole swag of concepts. There is a short segment about education around the 3 minute mark but worth watching for the whole 16 minutes as has a great ending and is pretty funny all the way through. From leadership view it is challenging about real change v perceived change - and challenges the notion of ... ‘if we say we’ve done it then we must have done it’.

No comments: